Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sleeping Beauties: How Hollywood Gets Gorgeous at Night

Sleeping Beauties: How Hollywood Gets Gorgeous at Night!From Jessica Simpson's deep-sea secret to Lauren Conrad's high-tech gadget, stars share their favorite tricks to getting gorgeous – while they sleep

JESSICA Simpson DEEP SEA SECRET
"I try to get in 8 hours of sleep – and use my La Mer," says Simpson of harnessing the healing power of seaweed while getting her beauty rest. "It's amazing!"

DITA von Teese BEAUTY DIP
"I always take a bath before I go to bed," reveals burlesque superstar von Teese of her nightly beauty soak. "I’m really good like that."

LAUREN Conrad SONIC SPIN
The Mark spokesperson amps up the effects of her skincare regimen with one of beauty's most buzzed-about gadgets: "I use a Clarisonic brush," Conrad says. "If I wash my face and use it afterward, I can really tell the difference."

SOPHIA Bush SKINCARE SOAP-BOX
"It doesn't matter if it's a make-up remover wipe or hotel hand soap or some cleanser," insists Bush of her No. 1 nighttime must-do, "but you always have to wash your face."

PARIS Hilton H2O OBSESSION
The jet-setter works all day long to ensure that she'll wake up with flawless skin: "I drink a lot of water throughout the day," Hilton says. "Staying hydrated is key to looking fresh."

MELISSA george BEDHEAD CURLS
Forget the salon! George gets her hair to style itself – while she snoozes! Before hitting the sheets, "I tie up my hair on the top of my head," she says, "so when I wake up in the morning I still have curl in it."

JENNA Dewan VENOMOUS CURE
"I use this product by Sonya Dakar. It has snake venom in it!" says Dewan. "The snake venom actually lifts and tones while you sleep. I swear by it. It transformed my skin."

KERRY washington INNER BEAUTY
Washington takes an inside-out approach to nighttime beauty. "I take vitamins before I go to sleep," she says of keeping her skin supplemented with essential nutrients and antioxidants.

ANGIE Harmon MOISTURE OVERLOAD
"I've learned that as long as your face is a little bit sticky, you're doing good," says Harmon of slathering on the moisturizer at night.

LAKE Bell STEAMY SOLUTION
"I'm all about a hot compress," says Bell. "That's a ritual. It's a rough, polluted world out there. You've got to clean your skin."

MISCHA Barton NATURAL BEAUTY
"I'm pretty easygoing when it comes to products. I like my Jurlique face lotion [and] By Terry rose balm for the lips."

KIM Kardashian SILKEN SECRET
"I think we all have satin pillows that we sleep on," the reality star reveals of the Kardashian family beauty secret. "It helps you to not get as wrinkled if you have a satin pillowcase."

MOLLY Sims COCO CRAZE
"I love Vita-Coco or Zico," Sims says of the naturally electrolyte-infused coconut waters. "That's great right when you had a workout right before you go to bed."

HAYDEN Panettiere CLEAN SLATE
"I never sleep in makeup," fresh-faced Panettiere says emphatically. "I always make sure 100 percent that all my makeup is off."

ANNALYNNE McCord FACE TIME
"Oh, you're going to laugh, but I use Aquaphor," 90210's McCord says. "It's for cracked skin – typically feet – but I put it on my face. When you wake up, your skin is soft and plump and yummy and moisturized."

LEANN Rimes ANTI-REGIMEN
"I look in the mirror and I don't see a bunch of lines yet," 27-year old Rimes admits. "I know I will one day, but at the moment I’m pretty easy: I got my wash, I got my face cream, I got my eye cream, and I'm done

KATE Walsh EMU LOVE
"I put on Emu oil," Walsh says of her favorite natural moisturizer, sourced from the Australian bird. "I moisturize, and just [add] tons of moisture."


KELLY Rutherford STRESS RELIEF
"I do a lot of yoga before I go to bed," says Gossip Girl's Rutherford. "[It's] just relief from the day, the tension from the day, so I just do stretching and yoga."

GARCELLE Beauvais SENSUAL BATH
"A bath with candles, with music, with R&B playing. Anything Maxwell," Beauvais says of her nightly wind-down. "I have Body Shop lavender and spearmint oil. Just a couple of drops is really awesome."

LINDSAY Price BEDTIME SCRUB
"My nighttime beauty secret is actually to exfoliate before you go to bed," says Price, "because you’ve got your makeup from the whole day on you. Then you apply whatever products you use."

KIMORA LEE Simmons WET WIPE SOLUTION
"Wash and moisturize, that's it. If you can't do that, I use a wet wipe," Simmons admits of keeping her nighttime beauty regimen quick and easy.

NICKY Hilton AGELESS ICON
"[My mom]'s been using age-preventative creams since she was like 19 Рso I started at 20," says Hilton. One of their fave brands? "Est̩e Lauder, because they know their stuff."

NIECY Nash KISS-OFF
"I like to get a lot of kisses. That's my secret,” Nash insists. “You don't understand how important love is to the skin. I'm trying to tell you what I know!"

Source