Monday, March 19, 2007

SJP Hooks Up With S&B?

I'm actually a huge Sarah Jessica Parker fan. Okay, not huge, but when my hair was blonde(-ish), peeps used to tell me I looked like her. Well, the short Jew thing helped too. (And I also pointlessly associate with her because we're both from Ohio.) But I took it as a compliment, except for when peeps say she has a horse face, which I ASSUREDLY do not, y'all! Anyway, though I actually detest SATC, I did enjoy taking in her various draggy outfits, no matter how abominable.

Anyway, so now it appears that she's teaming up with uh... Steve and Barry's. The folks who brought you sporting arena-sized emporiums stuffed with hoodies and T-shirts that say crap like "Must Be This Tall to Ride" and "Take Me Drunk, I'm Home!" Uh, yeah. That Steve and Barry's.

Did H&M not want her? Her love affair with The Gap lasted about as long as Britney's first marriage. Anyway, I certainly don't disagree with her PR-churned impetus: "Women should be able to wear great clothes and not lie in bed at night feeling guilty about how much money they've spent," Parker said in a statement. But could it get much lower-end than Steve and Barry's? A store that manages to underprice even Wally World? Exactly how much is SJ getting paid to associate with a store that also shares licensing deals with the WWE, Ford and Coors? Will there be bubblegum pink tulle skirts with screenprints of Calvin pissing on the HBO logo or something?? And are the same people who shop there for short shorts with their college's name across the ass interested in looking like this:



Color me skeptical.