Friday, March 16, 2007

Fun Finds Friday

A super speedy hit-list of totes cute shit for Friday.



($22, *NYC Boutique, Karmaloop.com)
This IS cute, right?


(Apprx $29 USD, Office.co.uk)
What. The. Fuck. Life just got a little cuter with solid flats with a zippy zipper screenprint! SO cute! Also in black, yellow and red. BESTS!


($19.50, Forever21)
I peeped this from Jahaute's blog, Too Cute. Love the colors and shape -- would look darling over jeans or just with ballet flats (and unders, of course, you cheeky monkey!)


($29.80, Forever 21)
I'd have to see this in person to make sure it's not too frumpo, but it looks pretty cute and '50s-ish without being too overly '50s retro in that barfy way.


($40, Delight.com)
Sorry, but if Mary-Kate can blog about candle sweaters, then GOD DAMMIT I'm gonna post some fucking PRESH dishware with swinging gnomes!! If these sell out, you can also find some here, but they're not on swings, unforch. Sometime's life rough.


And now, two random things, one fashionable, one not:

Y'all ever heard of Stardolls? I 'member a few years back, during the Dark Ages of the Internet (before Wikipedia even!), there was a site where you could dress up celebrity paper dolls. Like many things (Tato Skins chips, that "Growing Pains" spin-off show "Just The 10 of Us," one-night stands), I enjoyed them at the time but then forgot about them. Until my boyfriend showed me Stardolls. NOW, AT LAST you can "dress" not only the usual celeb suspects like Hilary Duff, Gwen Stefani, Beyonce and Tyra (apparently she's one of the top 10 dolls to dress!), but their collection of more than 400 (and counting) barely-dressed celebrity dolls even includes Oprah Winfrey, Wilmer Valderamma (one at a time, ladies!), Bo Bice (????), Bam Margera, the entirety of Panic! At the Disco (yet you can dress ONLY Pete from Fall Out Boy, and God knows we've seen enough of him undressed on the Innertron!) and Dakota Fanning. Um... WTF? Oh yeah, Conan Obrien and Camilla Parker-Bowles and all the kids from the Harry Potter movies. You can "buy" "outfits" and have all kinds of celebrity friends and show off your different outfits (I'm not gonna lie -- Leo DiCaprio looked totally camera ready in the outfit I dressed him in!) It's basically like Second Life... for cuter people. Anyway, the cheesy but fun site (it is for tweens, after all) totally fills that void in you that you usually fill with Lifetime movies. And when I say "you," I mean "you," and not "me."

Finally, this is a little tidbit I often just share with people after I've really known them awhile, but since I feel like I know you, anonymous reader/ lurker, and since I'm probably an oversharer, I'll let you in on this unique little piece of me. I have a major crush on Jeff Goldblum. Fuck it. I don't even care who knows. So thank GOD I now have an outlet that fulfills my need to a.) love him more and b.) send online greeting cards that are straight out of 1998... with... Goldblum O'Grams!

The site looks like it hasn't been updated since before "Independence Day" was released, and the three of you who might actually click on it will probably flood its server and cause it to crash, but hopefully someone out there will get to brighten someone's day when they open their inbox to find a little Jeff O'Gram awaiting them!

Toodles, poodles!



(Jeff wants to feed you carbs.)