Wednesday, May 9, 2007

I Want! I Want! I Want... Chunky Rings...

Especially by Belmacz and Mesi Jilly.

Refinery 29 just covered Belmacz's bulky, gorgeous pieces:


I love the rings the best. Too bad you can basically only get them at Barneys, which I'm in the habit of never going to.


I heart this Kandinsky ring so so much.

Also, Vogue Paris was all over Mesi Jilly's awesome, one-of-a-kind rings:

($815, Mesi Jilly, Vivre.com)
This one is my favorite and also just so happens to be almost the exact same price as my part of the rent, which is coincidentally due nowish!

A few more chunky rings, all by Kenneth Jay Lane:


($100, Kenneth Jay Lane, Vivre.com)


($150, Kenneth Jay Lane, Vivre.com)
I'm not usually a big moonstone fan, but this is rad.


($75, Kenneth Jay Lane, Vivre.com)


($150, Kenneth Jay Lane, Vivre.com)
I'm not certain that even I would wear this, but I know a lotta you <3 octopi and other sea creatures, so this is fun if you feel the need to wear one on your finger.

And some more, from Girlprops:


($6.99)
Ridiculous but fun.


($12.99)
Giraffe ring! Where have you been all my life?


($19, Overstock.com)
Big, chunky silver rings often freak me out a little bit, but I DO ironically love horses, so this is kinda cool. Kinda?


(Apprx $38 USD, The Branch, ASOS.com)
Undeniably fun and always in style.



Thecarrotbox.com also has some really cool wood, lucite and glass rings. Yo quiero these resin rings fah shah.

And now... a BUNCH from etsy:


($9, ElleP, Ellep.etsy.com)
Fun! And a steal!


($23.99, Ruby Vegas, Rubyvegas.etsy.com)
Smart! Fun! And with a cool ring base too! Woo!


($4, Niphty, Niphty.etsy.com)
I'm totes quackers for this cuters Mother Goose ring!


($18, Onetribe, Onetribe.etsy.com)
Daring.



And I like the fun DIY chunkers rings found at etsy seller Green Thumb Designs.

Finally, the money shot. These rings are amazing:


($170, Pool Ball Rings, Poolballrings.etsy.com)
They're made, as the name suggests, out of pool balls. WTF? I can't even image the level of skill and, not to mention, DANGER, involved in making these. Awesomes!

And here's one really ugly thing for you to feast your eyes upon:


Kristen Dunst at the Costume Institute Gala. What. The. Hull. Eeks, Keeks! She looks like a drunk, deranged flapper. No me gusta, Kiki!

Photo via People.com/ Credit: Matt Baron/BEImages

Tons more Costume Institute Gala pix here at FashionVerbatim.com

A few thoughts on the outfits and the people who wore them:
+ ScoJo: Tooo.... done up?
+ Julianne Moore: Why so Annie Hall??
+ Mary-Kate Olsen: Iykes! Why so haggard? Ashley looked WAY better.
+ Cami D: I actually think she looked great! And I LOVE the color choice.
+ Mischa Barton: Three words to live by: Pull. It. Up.
+ Cate Blanchett: Bride. Of. Frankenstein
+ Rene Zellweger & Marc Jacobs: Eat. A. Quarter. Pounder.
+ Salma Hayek: If boobs could kill...
+ Elizabeth Banks: It was just... okay, dawg. I like the risk, but all that satin PLUS flower detailing = When Bridesmaids Attack
+ Liv Tyler: Love the color (but is she looking a little weird lately? I hope she didn't go on one of those "Special" South American vacations.
+ Kate Bosworth: I've gotta hand it to her -- she looked amazing. I also gotta hand her a milkshake or something. Eat!!