Sunday, September 3, 2006

The British Are Leaving!



Unfortunately, unless you really hurry, it's probably too late to catch the the "Anglo Mania" exhibit at the Met, which closes tomorrow. Focusing on "tradition and transgression in British fashion" from 1976 to today, it shows both fancy period dress and punk stylings from the likes of Alexander McQueen, Vivienne Westwood, Galliano, and more. I finally made it up there today, and it was, in a word: cool, especially in contrast with the rest of the stuff in the Met. Photography was not allowed and I was feeling obedient, so here are some photos snatched from various Flickr members who are obviously punkr than I am:















It was also incredibly crowded and stuff, so maybe you should just enjoy those pictures and let that be that. Cheerio, mates! (I'm full-blooded British, so I'm allowed to say that.)